A primary objective of the Procure-to-Pay (P2P) project is to increase efficiency and savings by leveraging contracts whenever possible. Campus departments have asked if and when Apple will be enabled as a supplier in UShop. The University has an existing contract with Apple which is administered by the Campus Store and purchases made through this contract provide many advantages to our departments, and the University overall.
Due to the benefits of this contract, all Apple computer purchases should be placed with the Campus Store, and Apple will not be enabled as a supplier in UShop at this time.
As an Apple Authorized Campus Store Plus reseller, the University Campus Store is able to provide departments with the following benefits;
- The Campus Store receives all new product releases at the same time as the Apple Retail Store, and orders are placed in advance of the scheduled release date to ensure product availability on launch, the same as the Apple Store. An example of this would be when the new iPad Pro’s were released recently. Also, we recently saw that the Campus Store had more product availability on Apple pencils and Keyboards for the new iPad Pro’s than the Apple Store.
- Apple product pricing is the same, or better than, the Apple Store.
- Additionally, the Campus Store works with departments to try and obtain extra discounts for departmental sales, and sometimes Apple offers additional discounts that the Apple Store cannot offer.
- When Apple announces new products the Campus Store is able to discount product as much as $300, something the Apple Store cannot offer.
By coordinating with Apple on large campus-wide orders, the Campus Store is able to pass on any savings and allow you to use your chartfields or P-Cards – both methods simplify your purchase options.
- A commitment to provide a two-hour turnaround time for any quotes or sales orders
- Product delivered directly to your department
- Campus Store also offers DEP (Device Enrollment Program), which provides a fast, streamlined way to deploy your corporate-owned Mac or iOS devices with zero-touch configuration for IT, streamlined setup and wireless supervision. Contact Derek Walton for more information about DEP.
You can contact our Apple specialists with any questions and to place your orders:
Aubrie Anderson – Apple Inside Sales Specialist
Derek Walton – Apple Outside Sales Specialist
Alex Parra – Apple Order Expeditor